Share point data with your project teams in the office or in the field.
The Autodesk BIM 360 Layout app for iOS and BIM 360 web service provide vertical construction contractors the ability to connect the coordinated model to the field layout process, helping to increase job site productivity while improving the accuracy of staked or installed building components.
The BIM 360 Layout app and BIM 360 web service streamline the process of creating field points in your project model to laying-out those points on the job site with a total station.
The app synchronizes with your BIM 360 account to download and upload project models with point location coordinate detail. Once paired with a total station, BIM 360 Layout on your iPad guides the user to the exact location of those points on the job site for field staking and/or location verification activities.
NOTE: The BIM 360 Layout app is currently compatible with the following positioning hardware: Topcon LN-100 3D Layout Navigator.
- Providing field layout personnel with the most up-to-date coordinated model to conduct layout activities.
- Eliminating the manual process of preparing and transferring point coordinate detail to field data controllers for layout.
- Easily communicating and sharing issues collected in the field directly in the coordinated model for action by the VDC team in the back office.
- Utilizing an intuitive 3D model based app interface for navigating and locating point coordinates on the job site.
- Analyzing layout productivity data to determine best practices for future planning and execution.
- Upload models with layout points created in Autodesk Point Layout directly from Autodesk AutoCAD, Autodesk Revit and Autodesk Navisworks into BIM360 Glue and sync with the BIM 360 Layout app.
- Seamless connection to total station hardware.
- Control the total station remotely utilizing guide and point-turn functionality.
- Using known point and resection workflows for total station set-up, the app provides intuitive, step-by-step configuration.
- Real-time model navigation for conducting layout, QA/QC and as-builting on the job site.