Products can be developed faster with better collaboration when your team uses Autodesk Vault, a product data management (PDM) tool. For improved data management and manufacturing team collaboration, Vault is known as the go-to tool, with features that range from enhanced permissions to engineering productivity.
Following are 12 manufacturing tasks you can do better with Vault:
- Manage your CAD data in one interface with direct design tool integrations. Regardless of file type, you can manage design and engineering data. Whether you are using AutoCAD, Revit, 3ds Max, Inventor, Moldflow, or other software, Vault integrates with your CAD tools. Vault also enables you to work with Revit files that are linked to Inventor assemblies and any CAD files.
- Eliminate the need for object ownership with enterprise scalability. Vault can be set up to share files from multiple locations using its replication process. There is no need for object ownership.
- Review, mark up and track comments with external collaborators using shared views. Vault helps you protect the intellectual property of your native files.
- Integrate Vault PDM with your other enterprise business systems. You can reduce manual entry of information into PLM (product lifecycle management) and ERP (enterprise resource planning) systems and increase the value of your data for better business insights.
Learn how one company used Vault to securely organize, manage and track their data in the Applied Software Vault implementation case study.
- Create and maintain more accurate bills of materials (BOM). The BOMs you use to manufacture a product can be more comprehensive because Vault generates a BOM list – item number, part description, lifecycle state, quantity – for each item assigned to a file. For assemblies, the BOM has information for all the components of the assembly. Custom items can be added. In addition, BOM revisions can be compared to see what changed. BOM views can be saved as spreadsheets or CSV data to be used in other applications.
- Manage engineering change orders more easily. During design, Vault automatically tracks revisions – when, why, how – and comments and keeps a complete history of change orders. The state of the change order can determine which users can affect it based on their role. A change order routing list controls which users receive notification of which change orders.
- Automatically sync files from local folders to folders in a cloud drive. The synchronization can be set up to be bi-directional for reliable two-way communications between team members and scheduled to meet your specific needs.
- Access data using a web browser. The Vault Thin Client enables read-only access for viewing and sharing data, including links, individual objects, Inventor files, and change order records.
- Automate design by copying and reusing data. Vault has intelligent search features to locate files, designs and components to be copied, reused or replaced.
- Collaborate safely for concurrent design work. Multiple users can be involved in the design process at the same time from a central location.
- Improve your data with duplicate search workflows. You can locate and eliminate duplicates for higher quality data using Vault properties filtering and geometric search.
- Work on your tablet or mobile phone. Available for Apple and Android devices, the Vault mobile app enables you to stay in touch with the project and collaborate with others securely.
To achieve better manufacturing team collaboration, data management, change order handling, product insights, streamlined workflows, security, and convenience, Vault can be your go-to tool.