In September 2022, PRNewswire announced a strategic collaboration between Autodesk and Twinmotion, an Epic Games product. The integration promotes better-connected workflows for architectural design connecting the physical and digital worlds. With this tool, architects will be able to quickly iterate their ideas.
On the heels of that news, it was announced that Twinmotion for Revit is now included at no extra charge with Revit subscriptions. According to AEC Magazine, with a half-million active seats of Revit, this means Twinmotion will compete with industry add-ons like Enscape and Lumion.
On its website, Twinmotion explains Revit users can bring architectural designs to life and create high-quality, real-time experiences through an interactive creative process. The possibilities range from photorealistic stills and animations to immersive virtual-reality (VR).
Learn all about Revit in the Applied Software, Graitec Group “Ultimate Guide to Revit.” Download it for free today.
Here are 5 ways to quickly iterate Revit design ideas with Twinmotion:
- Design in a real-time environment – A design can be developed while working at full photorealistic quality. Changes made in Twinmotion will update in real-time, without delays for rendering. Users can instantly see the effects of lighting changes. Interactive custom elements, vegetation and pathways for people and vehicles can also be added.
- Use high-quality assets – There are over ten-thousand assets that can be dragged and dropped into a design, including water, sand, cobblestones, and other physically-based materials. The assets are also interactive, so phasing can be demonstrated with trees that grow, doors that open, and people and shadows that move through a design.
- Tell a story – Users can communicate what a design will look like during any season and at any time of day. Slider controls enable the gradual move from day to night, through the seasons and changes in the weather. An x-ray mode can be used to get insights into infrastructure. Sections through a building model can be used to observe the use of space.
- Seamless integration – Every major CAD, BIM and modeling application is supported. Data can be imported quickly, with no loss of details. Once linked, the design can be refined.
- Export and share – Stakeholders can review a design in the cloud using a web browser on a computer, tablet or smartphone. With Twinmotion Cloud, users can navigate through real-time 3D presentations, and they can export immersive 360-degree panoramas and videos. In addition, there is a VR mode and HDRI (high dynamic range image) sky lighting.
To download Twinmotion, go to Autodesk Accounts and find the “Twinmotion for Revit” option. Choose Access to be taken to the page where you can follow instructions to download the software installer. When the Twinmotion icon shows up on your navigation bar, hover over it and click Open in Twinmotion. This will launch Twinmotion for Revit and enable you to create a Direct Link between the two applications. You can then export your model with a few clicks. You will also be able to open and update an existing project.
Using real-time tools, you can explore more options faster with Twinmotion. You can engage stakeholders better, exploring designs and making adjustments on the fly.
If you’d like to increase your team’s productivity, contact Applied Software, Graitec Group today to learn about your subscription options for the Autodesk AEC Collection – a suite of 14 complementary, efficiency boosting tools.