Applied Software Joins Graitec BIMUp Global Digital Conference
5 May 2022Architecture and Engineering, autodesk, Construction, Digital Transformation, Fabrication, Mechanical, MEP, Revit, Uncategorized
The fourth annual Graitec BIMUp Global Digital Conference will be held online May 10-12, 2022. With the theme “How to Model a More Sustainable World,” the conference focuses on content relevant to architects, engineers, contractors, and fabricators. As the newest addition to Graitec World, Applied Software will be part of this worldwide BIM event, and there is no charge for registration to attend.
When BIMUp was launched online in 2019, Graitec CEO Manuel Liedot explained that the company is committed to helping its customers digitize their processes from early design through to fabrication and construction. The BIMUp conference is a way to deliver content to those customers in multiple languages and enable their BIM journey regardless of their current stage of implementation.
The three-day 2022 conference will feature hundreds of classes presented by Graitec and Applied Software technical specialists on tips, tricks, tutorials, and key workflows of Autodesk and Graitec software products. In each session, time will be allocated for questions.
Following are the classes that will be taught by Applied Software technical experts during BIMUp:
1. Avoiding the 7 Deadly Wastes in Your BIM Process: Lance Kirby
Get an introduction to Lean and Six Sigma processes and identify where waste may be happening in your BIM process. Then you’ll learn ways to reduce or even prevent the wastes that cause missed deadlines, lost opportunities, lost profits, and potentially lost reputation.
2. Computational Design – What It Is and How It Fits: Donnell Grantham
Explore how Computational Design can take your accuracy and production to the next level by automating tasks, connecting design applications and streamlining quality control.
3. (Re)Establishing BIM Workflows for Improved Efficiency and Effectiveness: Lance Kirby
Learn how to more fully embrace the concepts of BIM, establish the workflows you intended, and better orient your teams to the processes and standards you’ve planned. Be more effective at meeting your business goals.
4. Architecture Speedrunning with Dynamo and Revit: How fast can you put together a CD set with computational design processes? : Christopher Riddell and Anthony Zuefeldt
Learn how to leverage computational design (CD) to massively speed up your design process. Real world construction documentation examples will be cited, using CD for problem solving to rapidly set up, annotate and document a project.
5. A Guide to Intentionally Optimizing BIM Workflows: Lance Kirby
Learn how to develop or improve workflows based on performance-based metrics. From current practices to new technology, implementing BIM processes doesn’t have to be a struggle.
6. Energy Analysis and Sustainable Design Using Revit and Autodesk Insight: Matt Dillon
Get an overview of the energy analysis tools in Revit, the workflows for conducting analysis, and tips for modeling to provide more accurate and meaningful results. Learn how to use these tools in the earliest stages of design, when it’s easiest to make meaningful changes at little cost.
7. Ensuring BIM Optimization through Revit Content Standardization: Lance Kirby
Learn about optimized families and how to maintain the right amount of published and managed standards. This includes BIM-specific settings or properties and Level of Development requirements so you can produce consistent and predictable deliverables.
BIMUp classes will take place in twelve countries, be available in five time zones and presented in ten languages – English (British, Canadian, American), Czech, Ukrainian, Polish, Italian, French, German, Slovenian, Spanish, and Slovak.
In addition to classes about new features in the latest releases of Autodesk Revit, Advance Steel, AutoCAD, Advance Design, and Graitec Powerpacks, following are examples of others:
- Optimize Performance and Best Practices in Revit
- Save Time and Manage Your Structure with Advance Steel Project Explorer
- Building a Sustainable Future with Civil 3D and Infraworks
- Concrete Design Made Simple with Advance Design
- Drawing and Document Management (the Easy Way)
- What’s New in PowerPack for Revit 2023
- BIM Level 2 Certification with the BSI (British Standards Institution)
Register today to join the Graitec, Autodesk and BIM community. Invest in yourself while learning and networking with colleagues around the world.
When: May 10-12, 2022
Registrants can build their own personalized event agenda on the event platform.
The Graitec BIMUp Global Digital Conference is a vital event for everything BIM-related.
Register today to join the Graitec, Autodesk and BIM community at BIMUp.