Available since the third quarter of 2021, the Autodesk Premium Plan allows Autodesk software customers to receive additional reporting, security and administrative benefits. The Autodesk Premium Plan was designed for companies that:
- frequently add new users and prefer not to manually create and assign access
- need additional security features of single-sign-on (SSO) for all Autodesk products in use
- have widely dispersed employees or contractors
- need a simpler way to optimize subscription licensing for users – including viewing and exporting usage reports by user for insights into usage trends
- want 24/7 live support and faster response times for questions or help with Autodesk product technical issues
Learn more about Autodesk Premium Plan in the exclusive Applied Software on-demand webinar .
Originally designed for companies with 50 or more Autodesk software subscription seats, after May 13, 2022 Premium Plan upgrades will be available to customers who have 10 or more qualifying subscription seats. The upgrade to Autodesk Premium Plan is available for most Autodesk products. Excluded are 3ds Max and Maya for indie users, all versions of Fusion 360 Manage, Product Design Extension and Simulation Extension in Fusion 360, and all Upchain versions.
As of the same April date, Premium Plans will no longer include centralized purchasing. Instead, customers on all plans can assign single-user subscriptions to any user, including employees and contractors of subsidiaries, under the Autodesk Global Use Rights.
The flexibility of extended support, usage reports and SSO enables companies to operate more efficiently.