When Autodesk introduced its new installation process, it also included a “new” way to create deployments; it is done from within the Autodesk Account. With this new method, we can now include multiple products in a single deployment, which eliminates the need to babysit the installation process on the workstation waiting for one product deployment to finish before starting a second product deployment.
This is how to create a product deployment from within Autodesk Account:
- Log into your Autodesk Account: autodesk.com/account.
- Pick the Custom Install option in the left-hand panel.
- In the Custom Install window, pick either the + Create New button at the top right of the window or the Create Package button at the bottom of the window.
- Make sure the License Type is set to the appropriate license type: Autodesk ID for the single-user or Network for the multi-user; > check the product(s) that you are creating a deployment for (example shows Civil 3D, Civil 3D – Grading Optimization, and Civil 3D – Project Explorer).
- Select each product to reveal the deployment options on the right.
- Select any desired changes to be added or excluded from the deployment, including the desired version of the product(s).
- Select the desired Customizations, including creating desktop shortcut icons, Content folder locations, Options Tools (Express Tools), and using a custom profile.
- Select the desired Extensions, including Coordinates Transformation Tool for Civil 3D 2023, the Geotechnical Modeler Extension for Civil 3D 2023, and the Subassembly Composer 2023.
- Choose the desired plug-ins, including the desired object enablers.
Note: Highlight each product to see what options are available; not every product will have options.
- Once the options have been selected for all products you want to include in the deployment, pick the Next button.
- Populate the Install Settings, including:
- the deployment name
- description and location
- whether this is an Install (one-time current computer) or Deployment (package on multiple devices)
- the product installation path, and
- whether to install the Autodesk Desktop App;
> agree to the SLA terms > pick the Download button.
- The deployment package will be downloaded and presented at the bottom of the Custom Install screen; > run the file.
- The Deployment will be created in the image location indicated in the Install Settings during the deployment configuration. There will be a batch file to install the deployment on the workstation.
If you need a partner to assist you with anything CAD or BIM-related, contact Applied Software, Graitec Group. From training to business processes to innovation workshops, the experts of Applied Software will help you become a champion at your company.