As of September 13, 2020, a new AutoCAD Plant 3D 2021 update is available: Plant 3D 2021.0.1. It’s a welcome surprise for Monday morning.
To update Plant 3D 2021, visit your Autodesk Account at manage.autodesk.com and go to Product Updates under Products and Services. For any questions or help with Plant 3D 2021, remember to contact Applied Software support.
Below we have listed a few of the fixed issues and general content updates from the first release of Plant 3D 2021.
- Fixed an issue where parallel ortho generation may cause a crash.
- Ortho annotations now show the real-world coordinates when 3D model is externally referenced with a non-origin insert point.
- Fixed occasional failure when sharing large projects.
- Fixed occasional failure when importing to Data Manager while signed in as a different user in a collaboration project.
- Folder properties in a collaboration project can now be updated.
- Fixed an issue where P&ID assets switched to offline mode after reversing the flow.
- P&ID symbol blocks and symbol color can now be changed in Project Setup.
- Fixed an issue where P&ID instrumentation symbols are rotated after EXPORTTOAUTOCAD.
- Fixed an issue where single PCFs with a comma in the coordinates may cause PLANTPCFTOISO to fail.
- Continuous annotations are now shown in some isometric drawings.
- Length in the cut piece list and quantity in the BOM are now shown correctly when the branch and header pipes are of the same size.
- Block-based catalog can now be saved after replacing the block while the original drawing was removed.
Autodesk uses customer input on the Customer Error Reporting Utility to identify software defects that need to be addressed. For full release notes for Plant 3D 2021.0.1, visit the Autodesk technical page: AutoCAD Plant 3D Update.
Invest in your success using Plant 3D by choosing training with Applied Software LiveLab Learning. Effective now through October 31, 2020, buy one LiveLab Learning course and get 50% off the purchase of a second course purchased at the same time – no limit. LiveLab Learning helps you develop skills that will repay you with better efficiency and productivity.